Glenkinchie distillery was built in 1837 by the Rate brothers, who had previously operated another site called Milton, situated nearby. Glenkinchie was expanded to its current size in 1890, under the watch of Major James Grey. In 1914 they formed the Scottish Malt Distillers group, alongside Rosebank, St. Magdalene, Grange and Clydesdale, which in turn was folded into DCL (now Diageo) in 1925. It was an important constituent in many of their blends, particularly Johnnie Walker (of which it now the Lowland 'home' of the brand), and as such, did not have an official single malt brand until 1988, when United Distillers favoured it over Rosebank as the Lowland representative in the Classic Malts stable in 1988.
The original Classic Malts release from Glenkinchie in 1988 was a 10 year old. It was discontinued and replaced with this popular 12 year old expression in 2007.
70cl - 43%